Last 36 years, Vikas is teaching at various Management Institutes in India as a visiting faculty. For someone who genuinely believes in constant learning and teaching, it does not come as a surprise when he makes it a point to take a class on Stress Management and Yoga, by interacting with students and sharing his experiences, whenever time permits him. He has also passion to get to grass root level people in society and understand their problems and views and advise various social organizations in their work. Vikas is also a die-hard music lover, and continues to hear classical music whenever he finds time..
- As a Consulting Structural Engineer for more than 36 years, Mr. Vikas leads Associated Consultants successfully with a team of 32 members including 16 engineers.
- Dr. Vikas is a Gold Medalist (Chartered Engineer) from Mumbai University in B.E.[ Civil ]. Interestingly he has completed his Masters in Yogashastra and Philosophy.
- He has received his Phd degree in Philosophy from Kavi Kulguru Kalidas University, Nagpur.The topic for Phd thesis is : “Collective Consciousness – A Means For Spiritual Evolution”
Dr. Vikas has an ability to support those who are in need and contributed to society through social organizations. He is also on various committees :-
- Permanent trustee – Lions Club of Thane Kopri.
- Member of managing committee – D.S.High School, Sion, Mumbai.
- Core committee member – Proposed Maharashtra State Board of Education in Yogic Science and Maharashtra institute of Yogic Science.
- Vice President – Sanskar Bharati, Kokan Prant. An Organisation, totally devoted for the cause of Indian Culture through Indian Arts.
- Active member & past president – Lions Club of Thane Kopri
- District committee chairman – Various core committees of Lions District
Activities in Yoga Field
- Working as a visiting processor in Somayya College for M.A. & B.A. (Yogashastra) students. The subjects being the philosophy of “Patanjal Yoga Sutra”, Vedant Philosophy, Hathyoga Philosophy, Western Psychologists (e.g. Sigmund Freud, Karl jung, Adler etc). Stress Management, Yoganidra, Integrated Approach of Yoga Therapy as per “Yoga Vasishtha” (text totally devoted to the dialogues between Shree Ram & Muni Vasishtha). Also a examiner for B.A & M.A. Students in Yoga Shastra.
- Participating in various seminars & workshops as a guest speaker.
- Daily conducting yoga classes for general health since last 16 years.
- Conducting various camps for the people suffering from obesity, diabetics, asthama & such other psychosomatic diseases. Till date 10 mega camps have been organized by me. During the camp we take different parameters before & after the camp & do the counseling to each & every participant. We conduct these camps for professionals, industrialists, workers, school children etc.
- Conducting workshops on Pranayam, enriching the participants about the concept of Pran, Philosophy behind Pranayam, Anatomical & phisiological concepts about Pranayam. During this workshop we give the personal attention to the participants as far as the practices are concern. Till date 20 such large scale workshops have been conducted by me. Around 2500 people took the benefit of workshop. Out of these, 8 workshops were conducted for the corporate offices.
- I am being called by different corporate offices to deliver a lecture on stress management & how yoga works very effectively in managing the stress.
- Visiting professor in Gharwal University, Uttaranchal state, India, to teach various subjects of philosophy to foreign students (duration 15 days to 25 days) every year.
- Visiting Professor for various Institutions out of India.
- Regularly giving lectures on Patanjali Yog Sutra to BA, MA students and Yoga Teachers.
- Visiting Faculty in various Yoga Institutes in foreign countries. The workshops are conducted on Pranayam, Stress Management, Psychosomatic diseases etc. Giving lectures on Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Hathyoga, Vedant Philosophy etc. I also deliver lectures & present papers in international conference in yoga.
- Delivering Sermons (Pravachan) at various spiritual and religious places.
- Received attunement for Kriya Yoga from Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath ,Pune, Maharashtra state, India